Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stretching

I came to many points during camping when I was absolutely out of my comfort zone. I actually remember thinking "I am changing, I know it. But I don't know how yet." And then I'd tell myself to relax, that it's okay to not figure out how you've changed while you're doing the very thing you've set out to change yourself. (That's how my brain rolls...)

Today in one of my classroom classes (there are only 2, don't feel sorry for me), I made a list of all the things I have done these past couple weeks that have been entirely new, without referencing to anything similar (i.e. a long flight is not new to me, but was for others).

I am so grateful for the life I've had, and find it funny that my "new" things that have been stretching me to new capacities would, among this outdoorsy bunch, probably be considered some of the most elementary of experiences: pitching a tent, sleeping outside in the rain, sleeping outside under the stars sans tent...

During my camping, my stresses turned from modern concerns to far more simple, down to the most archaic being getting enough water.

This kind of stress is also exhausting... good thing I'm also sleeping really well here!

(Now I'm going to take a nap, in my bed.)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment