Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rafts and caves and glow worms oh my!

So we're about to leave our campsite, and head to the famous Waitomo caves, where you white water raft in the dark and look at these wonder-of-the-world glow worms on the ceiling of the caves.

Rad.

Then we're off to hike Tangariro, and then Wellington!

I'm having a great time and growing partial to camping. Yes, me, the one who loves skinny jeans tucked into boots and all things fast and urban.

When I was getting things together at home, I asked my mom offhandedly "Hey, do we have any spare caribeeners around?"

She said, "Wow, those are words I thought I'd never hear out of your mouth! And to answer your question, no." HA.

2 comments:

  1. YES. i love that your blog is called "keeping up with the kiwis". awesome ode to our beloved kardashians which you will sadly be missing on tv tonight :( but i'm sure the the hot new zealandish men are more than making up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot kiwi men are all that and more... I miss the Kardashians lol...but never fear bearz, they have it on iTunes!!

    ReplyDelete